Thursday, February 5, 2015

Beaded Bracelets!

I was inspired to make my beaded bracelets (or bangles) after browsing through "The Sassy Bead" in Ottawa. I love sifting through craft stores! There are so many options, I just want to purchase everything and see what I can come up with when I get home. But on this particular day I did have a specific project in mind. I wanted to create a wide bracelet made up of seed beads. I was undecided on colour, but lucky for me the store had little jars of matching beads that I could choose from. So here's how I made my bracelets!...

Supplies: Needle Nose Tweezers, Beads, Pins, Elastic String, Super Glue

1) String each pin with your beads leaving a couple millimeters at the top of the pin bare. 
2)Use your needle nose tweezers to bend the end of the pin into a complete right angle. Grasp the tip of the bent pin with your tweezers and roll the right angle backwards so that it forms a circle, which will seal the beads on the pin and allow you to string the elastic through that circle later.
3)Once each pin is complete, string them all together with the elastic string. 
4) Make sure to measure how many pins you need and how much elastic to use so that it fits your wrist without being too tight or too loose. 
5) Tie the ends of the elastic and apply a small drop of super glue (or clear nail polish) to make sure your knot doesn't slip out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment