Wednesday, March 25, 2015
Wire Wrap Ring
It's been a long time coming but here is the wire ring tutorial. I purchased jewelry wire from the craft store Michaels, and miniature needle nose pliers and clippers. All you need to do it cut about 30cm of wire and string your bead through. Make sure the bead is sitting in the center of your wire. Place the bead about one size bigger than your actual ring size on your ring mandrel. If your like me and you don't have a mandrel, you can use a lipstick or lip balm cylinder. wrap both ends of the wire around the mandrel once, so that both ends face toward you. Now you have created your ring shape. Wrap each end of the exposed wire around the bead in a clock like motion. Your bead should look like it is now sitting in a wire "nest". Lastly, curve each wire end around the the ring shape to tighten the form and close off the design. I posted a short video that I hope helps but I will try to upload additional videos that may help. Clip the ends of the wire that you no longer need and be sure to flatten the blunt ends so you wont scratch yourself while wearing your ring.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment